Doctoral Consortium on Informatics Education Research
KEYCIT will organise a Doctoral Consortium (DC) after the conference. We will meet on July 4, 2014 and July 5, 2014.
The aims of the DC
- To offer a friendly forum for doctoral students to discuss their research topics, research questions and design in the field of computing education, educational technology, informatics and education.
- To receive constructive feedback from their peers and senior researchers, to help with choosing suitable methodology and strategies for research.
- To support networking with other researchers in the computer science / computing / informatics engineering education research field.
- To discuss any relevant questions related to research and academic life.
The doctoral consortium is aimed at students who are currently enrolled as doctoral students in the field of computing education, educational technology, informatics and education at any stage of their studies.
Please register for the doctoral consortium via the online registration form for the conference and by submitting an extended abstract of not more than three A4 pages covering the key aspects of your PhD work. Submissions must follow the KeyCIT submission guidelines described in the submission section of the conference website (example document and template).
Send your submissions to Mareen Przybylla: dckeycit2014 AT cs.uni-potsdam.de by May 31, 2014.
- Short introduction of yourself (photos welcome!)
- Short introduction to your research area and research objectives
- Research approach and methodology
- Current stage of research (achievements to date, next steps planned)
- Questions to discuss during the DC
The extended abstracts will be made available to all participants of the DC in advance. In order to prepare for the consortium, every participant is required to critically read the submissions of your colleagues prior to the DC and prepare for giving feedback.
Each participant will present his or her work to the audience and have sufficient time to discuss current problems and questions with senior researchers and other DC participants. Please prepare a short presentation of maximum 20 minutes in length.
In order to make sure that everyone can attend the whole conference, the following scheduled was developed:
|Friday, July 4|
|16:00 - 17:00||Presentation and discussion:|
|Prof. Dr. Ivan Kalaš, PhD on Research Methods in Informatics Education Research|
|17:00 - 19:00||Presentations and discussions|
|Antonio Castro (PT), Andreas Grillenberger (DE)|
|19:00 - ??||Dinner and drinks|
|Saturday, July 5|
|10:00 - 13:00||Presentations and discussions|
|Loay Talib Ahmed Al-Saffar (DE), Simone Opel (DE), Mareen Przybylla (DE)|
|13:00 - 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 - ??||Farewell excursion|
If you have any remarks or questions, please contact Mareen Przybylla: dckeycit2014 AT cs.uni-potsdam.de